SE “State Scientific and Technical Center for Nuclear and Radiation Safety”
State Enterprise “State Scientific and Technical Center for Nuclear and Radiation Safety”
SSTC NRS is an enterprise, created on the basis of state ownership, it has a status of a legal entity, keeps its independent balance, bank accounts, and a seal with its title and a logo.
The main SSTC statutory tasks are:
• scientific and technical substantiation of principles, criteria and requirements in nuclear and radiation safety;
• development of standards, rules and regulations in nuclear and radiation safety;
• scientific, analytical and expert support in regulating nuclear energy use and radiation technologies;
• assessment of current status of nuclear and radiation safety of nuclear facilities and radiation technologies, estimating the risk from their use;
• development of scientifically justified recommendations on enhancement of safety level of nuclear facilities and ionizing radiation sources.